Friday, 6 July 2012
Welcome
Hi and welcome to my blog. As a Mum of 2 small children, one of whom falls under the label of 'spirited' I occasionally find myself asking 'why me?' I look around at other parents who, on the outside are having an easier time than me, whose children don't hide or cry in school assemblies, don't sit on the ground in the playground and refuse to come home after a bad day at school, don't ask question after question until you've had to research and write a mini dissertation in order to find an in depth answer to satisfy their need to understand what began as a simple observation or question, don't lay awake at night fretting about the day ahead and the list could go on and on.
Until recently I thought that I was the only one out there with a child like mine. I wondered where I was going wrong as a parent (or what I'd done in a past life). Then I came across Mary Sheedy Kurcinka's Raising Your Spirited Child and my world changed. If you are interested in understanding Spirited Children then I highly recommend her book. For a quick overview then www.spiritedkids.co.uk is well worth a look.
So why am I blogging? Well, firstly a purely selfish reason, writing is a form of therapy and in theory should help me. Secondly, having searched UK sites for info on Spirited Children I came away disappointed. Hopefully, in reading this blog people will understand and sympathise with more challenging children, I might also be able to provide encouragement and hope for parents who are reading this blog and who have a Spirited Child. Finally, I'm blogging in the hope that my wonderfully imaginative, creative, sensitive, intense and energetic son might be viewed as all these things rather than a 'problem child'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment